West Fraser is a growing, diversified wood products company with 50 locations and 9,000 employees in western Canada and the southern United States. North America’s largest lumber producer, West Fraser has been recognized as one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers seven times. Our investments in modern, competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Corporate Operations head office in Quesnel, BC is currently seeking a high caliber candidate for the role of:
The Canadian Woodlands team is responsible for the sourcing, accessing, harvesting and transporting of timber for West Fraser’s 16 sawmill and plywood operations in British Columbia and Alberta. In addition, this group also organizes and monitors the reforestation of tenures in both provinces.
As part of the corporate accounting group, reporting to the Woodlands Controller, you will provide financial and analytic support on all issues impacting the Canadian woodlands operations of West Fraser. This position provides the opportunity to work directly with the company’s centralized logging contractor pay group, Segment Controllers, Regional Operations Managers, and Vice Presidents on a variety of projects, on-going and project-based analysis and day to day responsibilities.
As the successful candidate, you will become the subject matter expert in woodlands finance and accounting and will leverage technology resources to add efficiencies and share information. Occasional travel to mill sites throughout BC and Alberta will be an opportunity to deepen your knowledge and provide support at the mill level. You will play a critical role in the on-going softwood lumber dispute with the U.S. regarding countervailing duties and stumpage.
- Be a subject matter expert on our woodlands accounting policies and procedures, including reviewing and updating those as required,
- Develop and maintain financial reporting for our Canadian Woodlands operations,
- Prepare detailed financial analysis of key Woodlands metrics, including responding to ad hoc report requests,
- Be a key resource on the softwood lumber trade file, including compiling log cost information as requested by the US Department of Commerce,
- Assist with month end support including stumpage review and log cost analysis,
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Woodlands business transactions and cycles and logging contractor pay,
?The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation. Individuals with other business experience may be considered, such as Certified Financial Analysts,?
- Minimum of three years of business experience,
- Well-established organizational and time management skills,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Attention to detail,
- A strong achievement orientation,
- A continuous improvement mindset and a desire to solve problems,
- Strong computer systems skill set.
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required,
- Experience working with LIMS and Oracle EBS preferred.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company, such as other corporate accounting roles or divisional controller positions. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.?
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America, with annual sales of $6 billion dollars.? West Fraser is diversified in both products and geography.? The company has lumber, plywood, laminated veneer lumber, MDF, pulp and newsprint operations across Canada and the US.? We believe that people are our most valuable asset and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport.? Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.?
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by submitting your resume and cover letter online at www.chuxiang.site/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be?