West Fraser is a growing, diversified wood products company with 50 locations and 9000 employees in western Canada and the southern United States. As North America's largest lumber producer, we have been named one of Canada's 10 Best Companies to Work For, as well as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for seven years. Our investments in modern and competitive manufacturing facilities, product innovation, and bioenergy are adding up to a bright future.
Are you interested in working with a company that offers a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser's Quesnel, B.C. office is currently seeking a high calibre candidate for the role of:
Our Quesnel office is looking for an experienced finance professional to join our corporate accounting group as an integral member of our senior finance team.? The ideal candidate will ensure consistency across the order to cash process for each product segment, improve and automate processes, and have strong analytical skills.
You will partner with our sales team as the subject matter expert on our order to cash cycle, including the related logistics payment process.? You and your team will analyze sales data to help our sales team determine strategies, which includes proactively identifying sales and transportation opportunities to help optimize our business. You will participate in the annual budgeting process and prepare ad hoc reports for the sales team, as required.
Project management skills are critical as you will be responsible for the financial elements of our new sales system.? This includes the conversion of all of our products to the new system and making ongoing process improvements.? A clear assessment of existing processes will be required along with change management and problem-solving skills. ???
You will gain a global view of how we price, sell, and transport products. ?You will also become familiar with our legal structure and our related accounting policies and procedures.? You will be a crucial participant in our ongoing softwood lumber dispute with the U.S. and will need to develop a detailed understanding of the anti-dumping margin. You will work closely with our Trade Compliance team to support the annual anti-dumping review and recommend actions to mitigate exposures.
- Partner with the sales and transportation teams and provide reports, strategic analysis, and ideas to optimize our business, including:
- Analyses of customer and product profitability for all regions and products
- Evaluations of the financial implications of different transportation strategies
- Help develop analyses and strategies on growing revenues
- Prepare sensitivity analysis on various sales and transportation initiatives
- Participate in budget process as it relates to setting sales price forecasts
- Manage a team of sales accountants, which includes creating training, development, and succession plans.
- Be a subject matter expert on our sales order to cash cycle, including the related logistics payment process. This includes an in-depth understanding of how our systems process financial data.
- Responsible for sales system improvements with a focus on standardization, simplification, and automation.
- Responsible for the financial elements of our sales system migration and ongoing process improvements.
- Manage journal entries, reconciliations, and financial reporting from the old sales system and new sales system until migration complete.
- Ensure internal controls are being correctly applied and that we are compliant with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Respond to ad-hoc sales queries and support transportation and documentation staff.
- Review reconciliations and responses to the annual anti-dumping questionnaires related to the ongoing softwood lumber dispute.
- Partner with the tax department on cross border sale transactions, focusing on tax strategies, compliance, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation
- Minimum of four years of public accounting experience (other business experience may be considered)
- Well-established organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented and proactive approach to work
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A high level of motivation and energy
- Strong computer systems skillset
Considered an asset:
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with JDE or EBS financial systems.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence at www.chuxiang.site/jobs. Click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.chuxiang.site/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.